Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Don't Know Whats Wrong With Me

But something is most definitely off. I'm exhausted all the time. I'm hungry all the time. I don't want to do anything except sleep, or lay on the couch and watch tv. I haven't worked out since Monday...I just don't have the energy. Physically I feel fine - I don't feel like I'm getting sick. I'm just ALWAYS tired and hungry.

Maybe it's just my bodies way of revolting against last week. Maybe I didn't eat enough during the week, and with all the calories I was burning (sometimes up to 1200 a day) I wasn't replenishing properly, and now I've crashed. Or maybe I'm not cut out to train for the Half-Ironman. I don't know. All I know is that I'll eat, and then be starving an hour or two later. Lather, rinse, repeat all day. And I CANNOT get out of bed in the morning. Forget my 530AM workouts. I can barely get out of bed at 645 to get to work on time.

Hopefully my doc tonight can at least point in me some sort of direction. Or tie my cramping/bloatiness into this lethargy/hunger. Or something....Because something just feels off.

5 comments:

Rose said...

What are you eating? Maybe the foods just aren't sticking with you enough - you know? Maybe bulk up the protein or healthy fats to stay fuller longer.

I bet you hit the nail on the head - sounds like you burned more calories than you consumed and maybe you're crashing. I don't think it means you're not fit for the Ironman (you totally are!!!), it's probably just a nutrition thing.

Hope you feel better!!

Quinn said...

I thought I had been eating well...Fruit for breakfast after my morning workout (a lot of fruit. Like, entire bowls of fruit) with some kind of juice or V-8..Oatmeal mid-morning with granola and almonds...A huge salad with avocado for lunch...And then...Usually no dinner. Ok, so maybe that has to change. I dunno. Hopefully this will get better soon.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

definetly have to listen to your body, if somethign is off, you know it. Hope your doc appointment goes well!

Charlie Hills said...

Any update?

Zach said...

hey dude, found your journal through Kate. I don't want to freak you out, but constant tiredness, cramping, and bloating are the main symptoms of ovarian cancer. I guess your gyno checked that area out, but my mom's doctor missed it at first. so please just go back if you start feeling rotten again. i hope it's just the not enough calories thing, though. and good luck with all the workouts! i'm super impressed.
I run in the park on sundays, if you ever want to put in a few miles with me--i'm slowly working up to 13.2, but am at about 5 or 6 now on an average day.