Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sometimes I like to disappear.

But then I come back. Usually.

Anyway. I'm feeling better. I'm back on schedule. I went to my girlie doctor, and she said that my bloaty/crampiness wasn't because of anything girlie-part related, so she thinks it's more of a GI issue than anything. She told me to go for an abdominal ultrasound, but I put that off. The ultrasound she gave me was traumatic enough, thank you very much. And apparently I don't have a left ovary. But thats ok - I believe this is going to make me more aerodynamic on my bike, much like Lance Armstrong and his singular testicle.

But things have calmed down, and I'm attributing the ickiness to a change in diet - now that my body has had a few weeks to acclimate to a natural/organic diet, I'm feeling a lot better.

My training has been going very well. I had my first group run with my tri group on Tuesday, and while I was most definitely the slowest person there, I actually ran one of my fastest times ever. So much for a 40 minute run at RPE 3. Turned into a 35 minute run at RPE holy-crap-i'm-gonna-die.

I'm definitely feeling stronger in the pool, too, which is awesome. And I like how my shoulders and upper back are really firming up and getting stronger and more toned. It's exciting :-)

This weekend I'm snowboarding in Vermont, which I'm really looking forward to.

1 comment:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Sorry to hear you don't have a left overy - but your reaction to the news cracked me up!

Your weekend sounds like a blast! I admit, I would LOVE to go to vermont for a cozy romantic weekend but you'd probably find me sitting in front of the fire all weekend and not on the mountains! I'm so not an outside snowy let's be cold type person!